If you follow me on twitter you know I tweeted about taking my first Zumba class and I must say, I am in love. (p.s. if you don’t follow me on twitter, you should get on that!) I’m not too much of a cardio buff at all…I love my weights. This was so different though, I’m a huge fan of dancing (grinding in particular…and I can frame face better than your mama.) Zumba was so, so much fun! If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. I met up with my friend Mandy and my cousin Carly to do some damage:
Some things to keep in mind for your first time (aka the things I wish I knew)
1) You WILL sweat and smell afterward.
2) It’s totally fine not to nail every move the instructor does…just pretend like you know what you’re doing and when all else fails just get low…real low.
3) Don’t be intimidated by the amount of people, they all feel like idiots at moments just like you…I promise.
4) Wear something that won’t give you a wedgie…in all seriousness…wear a thong. A hot pink one works best.
5) Don’t eat dinner right beforehand unless you want to feel like you’re dancing with a twenty pound moving child in your stomach for the first fifteen minutes.
It was awesome. I am exhausted. Afterwards Mandy and I hit up Trader Joe’s because my sunflower seed butter is running a little low…and we all know that’s just absolutely not allowed. Plus, we figured TJ’s would enjoy two smelly chicks cooling off in the freezer section (specifically by the chili lime burgers.)
Now I’m just enjoying the evening and daydreaming of my bed. But first, refueling with some oatmeal and berries and dropping it all over the keyboard cause I’m just classy like that.
Have you ever tried Zumba? Thoughts?
What’s your favorite pre-workout/post-workout fuel?
Peace and love!