1) I get to go out with my friends and one in particular I like to consider my absolute soul sister.
2) Getting roses is the norm, apparently. Happy…um, Saturday? Actually at this point it was most likely early Sunday. Maybe it was our undeniable drunken charm, my professional dancing skills or just our classy way with words while walking into 7-Eleven. I kid, obviously, but we really did get offered roses…I’m sorry for trying to eat yours, Kait.
3) Weekends are the perfect excuse to skip the movie theatre and enjoy your friends own re-creation of the stampede in The Lion King.
4) The most wonderful and tasty breakfasts are made with a monstrous headache and sore glutes. I swear. The combination of a killer lower body workout + dancing, oh baby. Feel the burn.
5) My Dad likes to cook fancy things on the weekends…either that or we go out. My favorite meal of the weekend? Steak, hands down. Sorry all my veggie loves out there…but I love me some meat. (TWSS…and that IS what I said.)
6) Extra time in the kitchen means more time to experiment and burn things! Sike…this isn’t actually burnt, it just looks like it…but the first time I tried to make it I probably almost caught the kitchen on fire. I share this recipe with you trusting that you aren’t as clumsy as I am…
Bleu Cheese Meatloaf for One!
4-5 oz (or a handful) ground turkey/beef
1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
1 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Wedge (regular would work)
2 tbsp tomato paste/sauce
Worcestershire Sauce (dash)
Hot Sauce (dash)
Salt + Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine ALL ingredients EXCEPT the Laughing Cow Wedge and place in a small dish and place in oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Remove and spread Laughing Cow wedge + optional extra tomato paste on top and bake for another 10-15 minutes – KEEP AN EYE ON THIS! Make sure it doesn’t burn…your cooking time may vary from mine.
7) Waking up to beautiful packages/cards and gifts from blogger friends always makes the weekends brighter!
Thank you to Kelli, who SO thoughtfully made homemade Maple Pecan Butter with Apple Chunks and sent me some. Homegirl, you are a culinary genius and it’s absolutely divine. My suggestion – pair this with sweet potato. It will NOT disappoint. She also sent me some amazing gluten-free goodies as well which I cannot wait to dig into. Thank you, once again, Kelli – you’re too sweet and your card was awfully sweet, too.
Now your job is to go hound her for the recipe!
I also recieved a cookbook from Lisa! Lisa – which recipe do I HAVE to try?! I can’t wait to start cooking…the raw pumpkin pie looks to die for, as well as the soups and stews! Thank you, love! I was so excited that I won your giveaway for this awesome book.
8 ) “Weekend” is just a good word. It brings comfort and joy to so many and studies show that 100% of people are happier on the weekend. I totally just pulled that out of my butt, but I’m pretty sure it’s true. Just ask Christine…we got our coffee and shop on during Sunday afternoon and it was just dandy! Although I’m pretty disappointed that the only hair salon left at the mall is Cartoon Cuts…
What did you love about this weekend?
Peace and love!