Happy New Year friends! I hope you all had a safe & happy new year. Whether you stayed in or went out – I hope it was special all the same. I may be the last one to do a resolution-esque post, but I’ve never really been one to make “resolutions” because I feel like I should constantly be challenging myself to fulfill so many things in my life, not just at the turn of the year.
But to be honest, I haven’t set any goals for myself in a while – so what better time to do that than now? Because I’m so creative, I’ve decided to come up with eleven goals/resolutions for 2011, although I’d like to work on them as soon as possible, not just for this whole year in general. Am I confusing you? Probably.
1) Relax. This is something I struggle with so much. I get serious ants in my pants when I have nothing to do but sit around – which is rare, but it does happen and I’d like to be able to take that time to just soak up my thoughts, maybe take a bath, etc. I need to realize that it’s okay to do nothing for a few minutes, even an hour.
2) Go to church and pray more. I feel as if my relationship with God was really on hold this semester at times and that’s not okay. I was so stressed out and wrapped up in school that I forgot to look to God for guidance. I feel like I put other things before church, when really all I needed was to go to church and listen. Praying is probably one of the most amazing things to do when you feel stressed or helpless and I will totally admit that I ran away from God at times it seems – I’m not perfect and that’s okay too.
3) Make more time to go out with my friends. Mainly during the school year – again, I was so wrapped up in my projects that I hardly ever went out to parties/the bars or anything. I needed to, but I felt as if I wasn’t allowed…or wouldn’t allow myself until I had absolutely NOTHING to complete for school – which was basically never. I’ve learned quickly just from being home and “free” these past few weeks that I’d been missing out on some amazing times. Here’s to making next semester a hell of a lot more fun…even if it means I lose a few pairs of shoes or my dignity in the process.
4) Keep on blogging/making videos! This is something I have a passion for – I LOVE blogging and writing, making videos and most of all – meeting amazing people through blogging/vlogging. This isn’t necessarily a goal or resolution since I’m already doing it, I just wanna keep up with it! Any requests for posts/videos – let me know!
5) Donate my time and/or money for something I believe in. I really would love to help out at an animal shelter. I firmly believe that you don’t need tons of money to be able to help charities…TIME is an awesome thing you can donate as well! I think signing up to walk dogs at a local shelter, visit elderly people in nursing homes and such would be a good place to start. I’d love to get friends involved as well – the more the merrier…and to be honest, it sucks being in a nursing home – not from personal experience obviously – but I can’t even imagine not being able to interact with the outside world, you know? I have a HUGE soft spot for animals and I know shelters are always looking for help, even if you can’t adopt an animal, there are other ways to help out.
6) Go back to California/somewhere awesome this summer and score an internship. I know this will happen if I put my heart into it. I had such a life changing experience in San Francisco last summer, I’m just determined to say the same this summer, even if it’s somewhere else.
7) Keep my room organized. Self explanatory, prettymuch. I am a neat freak, thanks to my Dad. I get seriously distressed and throw a self-hosted bitch fit when my room becomes messy. After the fit is over, I usually go on a rampage and organize everything…I just need to learn how to KEEP IT THAT WAY. I honestly can’t help it when my closet gets sick and pukes all over my room but I can help it after it’s done blowing chunks.
8 ) Paint my nails more. Toenails too, actually. End of story.
9) Learn how to do something crafty. Maybe knit or sew (I used to know how to sew, but now I usually just end up with holes in my fingertips) I’m not sure if I have the patience for either, but I do want to get into something crafty. Ideas? Maybe stained glass or scrapbooking? Although I feel like my blog is kind of a scrapbook. We’ll see. Throw me some ideas.
10) Get outside more. Anything’s better than what I do now (mostly because Mother Nature wants my ears and nose to freeze and fall off) but during the spring/summer, I really wanna get out more and just appreciate the beauty of nature. As corny as that sounds, I do! It’s proven that being outside is a natural mood booster, too. Score!
11) Set monthly or bi-monthly goals for myself! I’ve seen SO many bloggers do this and I’d love to jump on the bandwagon! I already do monthy “favorite” posts/videos, so it’ll be easy for me to remember my goals as well.
Those are just a few (ha, a few…) of the things I’d like to happen in my life right now. I’d love to hear yours as well. Link me to your post about resolutions/goals if you’d like! I’d enjoy reading it (if I haven’t already!) and I know others would to.
I’ll end my post with a few pictures from my New Years celebration – hope ya’ll enjoy! Oh, and I apologize for any inappropriate tweets/texts/etc lastnight. It was all out of love!
Needless to say it was an amazing night – and I wish I could share more pictures, but I feel like my blog just isn’t the place for them for a few reasons! This morning I came home surprisingly feeling awesome (ftw!) and fixed myself my fave:
Even if I was hungover, I would’ve still fixed myself a nice breakfast – oats are the ultimate hangover cure. I swear. Carbs in general, actually. Now I’m about to finish up one of my favorite recreations of beef & brocolli…except it’s more like beef and the whole kitchen sink and some brocolli.
Love to you all! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
What are some of your resolutions/goals?
What’s your favorite post-party breakfast?
Peace and love!
p.s. incase you missed it – December faves vlog 🙂