Let me introduce you to my favorite breakfast:
Looks fancy, but it’s really relatively simple; because complicated and I just don’t mix in the morning. Here’s how I make my go-to breakfast.
1) Make a batch of oatmeal or oat bran (I use Bob’s Red Mill GF Hot Cereal or oats) over the stovetop, or the in the microwave if you’re lazy or pressed for time.
2) About halfway through cooking, mix in vanilla whey protein powder (HUGE fan of Jay Robb!) and a blend of frozen or fresh berries…my favorite? Blueberries, strawberries and blackberries! Sometimes raspberries make it in there as well. Pour in bowl and…
3) Simmer or microwave (I usually microwave, but simmer just sounds more attractive) about a cup or two of berries and a tsp of sugar or Stevia and pour em’ right over the oatmeal like so:
4) Drool. Then proceed to scoop out a huge hunk of cottage cheese (my personal favorite? Whipped cottage cheese!) and top them beautiful berries off like so:
5) Pair it up with a spoonful of almond butter, peanut butter or anything nutty like that. Breakfast is not complete without nut butter, I promise. I think of it as the “crust” flavor to the “cheesecake”; got it? Also, garnish with chopped dates, figs or anything else that suits your fancy and dig in!
What’s your favorite breakfast? Please share!
What’s your favorite oatmeal topping?
Peace and love!
p.s. check out my holiday gift guide for the women in your life here! More gift ideas coming soon! 🙂