Thank you all so much for participating in the 18 Rabbits and Purity Organics Facebook giveaway – it was awesome! We get to mail out 50 free bars + coupons to all the lucky winners 😀
This week is just flying by, isnt it? Not cool, NOT cool. That means I only have about 3 weeks left out here in California. Gonna make the best of it, of course. I finally managed to do some legit grocery shopping lastnight after running on bars galore, egg sandwiches and measly salads for the past few days.
I had this Boomi Bar at work yesterday, and I really loved the ingredients – and with 260 calories, it kept me full for at least 2 hours after I got off of work. It had all kinds of different nuts and seed-like thangs, and plenty of sweetness + a chew factor. But, I think it’s definitely a true story that bars do not replace real, cookable food 😉
Kudos to Trader Joe’s 😉
What’s your favorite grocery store?
My version of an Egg McMuffin – corn tortillafied 😉
Fun fact: eggs STANK up the office. Sorry, coworkers.
So, I decided to get a cab back from Trader Joe’s lastnight – I took the cable car down there, but with 3 hefty breakable bags, I just couldn’t pull that off on the way back up. I asked mister taxi driver if he took credit cards, he nodded, I hopped in. We get to my destination, and his computer shuts off – I told him I didn’t have cash on me (which I didn’t) – he started cussing out the computer system, and just got completely irrational, and he STILL had my credit card. I heard a scratching noise, and asked what he was doing with my card – he continued dropping f-bombs while telling me he wanted to get f-ing paid so he made an imprint of my card. I politely asked for it back and he FLIPPED out – seriously, I thought homeboy was gonna pull a knife. Long story short – a few minutes later I managed to grab my card and book it. I reported him, as well as the imprint of my card.
I’ve never been so in shock in my life – I’ve NEVER experienced someone like that before. I was completely polite about everything.
I’m still a bit shooken up, but hey, you live you learn – not everyone in the world is nice. I’m really keeping this man in my prayers, he needs Jesus.
Have you ever had a scary taxi cab experience?
I took my frustrations out on the kitchen and fixed myself some Trader Joe’s goodies.
I honestly could only eat half of this – I was still choking back tears. I hardly ever cry, but I was just really upset about it for some reason, he just really pulled my strings. At least I know something’s being done about it.
Anyways, in other HAPPIER and BRIGHTER 😀 news – I took my first ever SPINNING CLASS yesterday morning at 6am! It totally kicked my ass, and I LOVED every minute of it. Ok, that’s a lie, I loved maybe 96% of every minute of it, the other 4% of the time I was hoping my a$$ didn’t fall off. It really makes me wanna try more classes they offer at my gym. Fyi: I had a banana and some peanut butter beforehand (as I usually do when I workout in the morning – working out on no fuel = no beuno.)
Have you ever tried spinning?
Afterwards I refueled with some overnight chia seed oats:
Overnight Chia Seed Protein Oats:
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1) Cook oats as you would normally + stir in protein powder and banana
2) Add chia seeds after heated and microwave for a bit longer
3) Keep in fridge overnight
4) Add cottage cheese + optional toppings, stir, heat up and enjoy 😀
This was awesome topped with banana and almond butter.
After that, I had to book it to the bus stop – my motivation? Starbucks. I cannot go a morning without coffee. I’m addicted.
I love my job – as I’ve said like 30242 times before.
I really, really do.
I worked on some page layouts and Facebook shenanigans (which I bombarded ya’ll with 😉 ) and created a new background for our Twitter – check it out and let me know what you think 🙂
Speaking of my job – I should probably go get dressed and roll out.
Peace and love.